In the IELTS Life Skills test like the B1 test that can be booked through http://britishlifeskills.com, for example, there are two major different parts that each of the takers of the test has to be able to pass. The two major sections are as follows:
• In the first section, you are demanded to answer as well as ask questions about general topics.
• In the second section, you will be given a merging test of speaking and listening.
• At both the level A and B, you will hear a test from the CD player. This test will test your ability to listen, both to understand the general and detailed information.
• You will give your answer verbally, but you can make notes whilst you listen to the CD.
• Then, there will be discussions on topics associated with the ones you have heard from the CD player.
• For the B1 level will be given an additional task in which you will plan activities with other candidates.